RL360° Quantum - making your UK tax returns more simple
RL360° has been reviewing some of the more colourful excuses HMRC says it has received from taxpayers who fail to file their tax return.
From broken kitchen appliances to hungry pets and arguments that last 5 years – some people will stop at nothing to pass the blame for their tardy timekeeping. RL360°’s regular savings product Quantum can help you avoid the need to wrack your brains for an excuse in the first place but, before we explain further, here are some of the best excuses received by HMRC:
- My tax papers were left in the shed and the rat ate them
- I’m not a paperwork orientated person – I always relied on my sister to complete my returns but we have now fallen out
- My accountant has been ill
- My dog ate my tax return
- I will be abroad on deadline day with no internet access so will be unable to file
- My laptop broke, so did my washing machine
- My niece had moved in – she made the house so untidy I could not find my log in details to complete my return online
- My husband ran over my laptop
- I had an argument with my wife and went to Italy for 5 years
- I had a cold which took a long time to go
RL360°’s Quantum is a life assurance policy, so its annual growth does not have to be declared on a UK self assessment tax return, making it one less thing for you to worry about. Speak to your financial adviser about us or review your options here.